BT made the announcement in 2015 that they will be switching off their ISDN networks for good by 2025. This means, sometime over this next 8 years ISDN customers need to migrate over to some form of IP telephony. So what are the benefits of VoIP phone systems? Is a VoIP network the best and only solution for this problem? We think so and here’s why:
- VoIP offers excellent call quality. It is true that call quality can be at least as good as landlines, if not better. This is provided you have a stable internet connection. In fact, many providers now offer HD voice quality as a premium option or add-on. The technology has evolved so much over these last few years that problems with connection are becoming far less frequent. In fact, most customers are enjoying crystal clear voice quality without any problems at all.
- VoIP Saves You Money. The cost savings involved with VoIP phone systems are significant and is often the reason many businesses switch to VoIP. As calls are made over the internet, overall costs on VoIP phone systems are significantly less than traditional phone services. There’s no minimal hardware to buy upfront, no maintenance costs and monthly charges are all inclusive. VoIP phone systems can cut monthly phone expenses up to 70%.
- VoIP Gives You Flexibility. You can integrate your business mobiles with your fixed lines and your callers will only need to dial one number to reach your desk phone and mobile phone simultaneously, with a shared voicemail box for both. VoIP can be used on any device, be it a smartphone, laptop, or desktop, making it much more flexible than a traditional landline. You can easily direct and redirect calls using your work telephone number. This means that if you are out of the office or working from home your customers will never know. VoIP is the perfect technology if you have remote workers or employees who travel frequently.
- VoIP is a multi-function system. They can be quickly configured according to your organisation’s changing requirements. You can take advantage of the flexibility provided by cloud communications ensuring your business to make scalable adjustments to your system whenever you need to. It’s completely modular, so you can start off small and as your business grows you simply add more phones to your system. In most cases, it really is as simple as buying the phones and just plugging them into the internet. VoIP telephone systems are built on industry standards so you can even take advantage of pre-existing integrations. Applications such as Outlook, Salesforce.com, Desk.com all can be integrated easily with VoIP.
- VoIP Offers More Features. VoIP provides many features that can change the way that your business communicates both on or off-site. While some of these features bring small efficiencies to how your business uses its phones, others bring systemic improvements to how phone systems are managed and secured. You will also never pay for features that you don’t want or need, unlike telephone providers who often bundle services together.
- Benefits VoIP Makes Your Small Businesses Sound Big . A professional-grade telephone system such as VoIP can help a small operation look big to its customers. This flexible, affordable technology offers the same, sophisticated communication tools your big organisations have. With a VoIP telephone system, it can greet and manage your callers for you. When potential customers phone your business, they won’t be met with an engaged tone or worse, no answer at all.of VoIP Phone Systems
VoIP typically offers advanced security and telephony features such as:
- Extension dialling
- Auto attendants
- Video Conferencing
- Call recording
- Call routing
- Built in Disaster Recovery.
You will have many options on how best to manage your calls. You can set it up to ring several phones at the same time or in sequence. Put callers into a queue or redirect calls to your mobiles automatically when you are out. You can transfer calls to internal extensions or to mobiles. Whatever you need, you can guarantee that your calls can reach the right person every time.
As you can see, a VoIP phone system provides so many benefits for businesses that it doesn’t make sense for any small business to use traditional phone systems from this point on.
As voice specialists since the beginning of the VoIP revolution. Tech Advance offer VoIP phone systems aimed at small to medium sized businesses looking for complete flexibility in their business.
To find out more about how VoIP business telephone systems could help you save money and improve customer communication, contact us today on 0800 505 3350. Alternatively visit our Office VoIP Phone Systems page where you can read all about our complete Hosted VoIP telephone solution that provides an extensive range of fixed and mobile telephony capabilities to suit your business.