In recent years the prices of business telephone lines and calls have reduced significantly as a result of the growing market, yet many businesses still continue to pay over the odds for them.
Unnecessary spending is a common occurrence for many businesses who often don’t have the time to be ploughing through phone bills to see if they’re paying over the odds. A common problem of this is that many businesses have far too many suppliers billing them for different things that they find it difficult to keep track of what money is going where.
When we look at the bills of business telephone lines and calls of businesses who haven’t had it reviewed for over 12 months, we have found that we can save them anywhere between 25 and 35%. This is a clear indication that there is still money to be saved and this is money that can be put to good use in your business rather than fattening the bank balance of your providers.
Reviewing costs is a crucial element for any business and below are a few key areas in which savings can be made:
- Line rentals for lines no longer needed – look for lines with no calls on them and check they are not used for alarms, franking machines, fax and broadband.
- Line rental charges too high – you should be paying no more than £13 per line as a guideline figure to work from.
- UK call charges – Itemised bills should be checked to see if you have lots of calls charged at the same 1 or 2 pence as the lowest, this would indicate you have a minimum call charge which will be pushing up your call charges significantly. Also you need to check the summary pages for call charges by destination and minutes, divide the cost by the minutes and see what you are paying per minute. You should be paying more than say 1 pence per min for local and national calls and no more than 7 pence per minute for calls to UK mobiles.
- International calls – pick your top 3 most expensive calls and divide the cost by the minutes to again check the rate they are charged. (We can help you benchmark this to see if you are paying over the odds.)
- Don’t just leave it – Many people tend to pay their phone bills without checking them too much, worried about getting cut off. All you need to do is email a copy of your bill to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do the leg work for you, check if you can save money and tell you quickly and easily with absolutely no fuss.
Please give us a call on 0800 50 533 50 and one of our team will be happy to help, or simply send us an enquiry online by clicking here and start saving money today.