0800 numbers have always been free to call from any UK landline and because of this, in business they act as a great way to encourage sales enquiries and project the image of good customer service by allowing your customers to call you for free.
It certainly gives the best possible image and can only be considered as a good reason to work with your organisation if you are making it free for your valued clients to contact you at all times.
As many of you will know from the 1st of July this year telecoms regulator Ofcom introduced new regulations that meant that numbers beginning with 0800 and 0808 — were now free to call from mobile phones as well as landlines.
This means, calls to 0800 numbers will then be included in mobile phone inclusive minutes and because of this we are seeing a big upsurge in the use of 0800 and 0808 Freephone numbers.
Here is just a few of the benefits of 0800 numbers:
- Customers really appreciate 0800 numbers because they are free to call and give the impression that you care about your customers.
- 0800 numbers are particularly ideal for things like customer services where calls can be lengthy.
- These numbers are instantly recognisable and can create a positive impact in advertising.
- More sales. They are proven by the Institute of Direct Marketing to improve response to advertising by up to 184%.
- They are cheaper than you think. There is no set-up or connection charge, just a small monthly cost.
- 0800 numbers are non-geographic and can help to hide the physical location of your business. This can be useful if you operate in a wide area and wish to not be restricted by region. This is also beneficial if the business ever needs to move premises and can simply take the number with them.
Businesses have acted quickly on this new information and have bought up many of the 0800 numbers and if you want your business to benefit and make the most of these changes it’s best to get in now, to get a choice of the better numbers available.
To find out more please contact us on 0800 50 533 50 or you can fill in an enquiry form and one of our team will be in touch soon. Alternatively, you can visit our Telephone Numbers & Routing page to find out more about which telephone numbers would work best in your business.