More and more businesses are now opting to use VoIP as their means to make calls and because of this they require the means to transition their phone system into a more VoIP based communications – i.e., SIP.
With cloud-hosted technology, businesses are able to replace traditional telephone trunks that connect their phone system with the public switched telephone network (PSTN). Since SIP is also an IETF standard for multimedia initiations, it has also become the means to deliver video over the Internet as well. This paves the way for more features like video conferencing through your own phone system.
SIP controls how a call is established, how voice data is transferred during the call, as well as the termination of the connection. It can be used for other communication services as well.
With SIP Trunking, you are getting a VoIP-enabled cloud-hosted phone system that combines voice and data with a flexible service and takes you a step closer to unified communications (UC).
- Cost reduction – replace traditional telephone lines
- SIP Trunking allows for flat rates for both local and long distance calls that greatly reduce actual calling costs. By being able to implement a phone system with extensions, users within the system can easily call and communicate with each other with no additional costs.
- Business continuity – continue working, whatever the circumstances
- Integration – operate multiple services on a single circuit
- Telephone numbers can be ported on to SIP trunks and are not affected by any relocation or geographical restrictions. In addition, SIP trunk users benefit from enhanced business continuity services.
- The technology enables businesses to have a phone system that modifies to their business needs. DDI (Direct dialling Inwards), CLI (Call Line Identity), CLIP (Caller Line Identity Presentation), CLIR (Caller Line Identity Restriction) and Presentation Numbers are all supported.
- VoIP and SIP are able to allow companies to establish presence in different locations without the need to be physically present there. For example, you can get a local number that people in the community can call even if you do not have a physical location in there.
The only real requirement for VoIP and SIP Trunking is an Internet connection but you should always make sure that the Internet connection for your business is reliable in order for you to get the best out of the new technology. You can find out the strength of your internet connection here.
You need business level Internet connection that is stable and high broadband speed otherwise any VoIP related communication tool will fall very short of the mark and will be unable to work effectively.
To find out more about how VoIP business telephone systems could help you save money and improve customer communication, contact us on 0800 505 3350 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Currently Tech Advance SIP trunks are only £10 per month…including 5000 free inclusive minutes to UK landline and UK mobiles. For more information click here.