If you haven’t jumped on the VoIP wagon just yet and are still unsure what everyone is going on about, don’t worry, we can tell you everything you need to know about VoIP technology.
So, what is VoIP?
An Office VoIP phone system is a phone service delivered to you through the Internet. Unlike an on-premise telephone system (PBX), a hosted VoIP phone system exists entirely in the “Cloud”. VoIP technology enables you to make and receive telephone calls over a broadband Internet connection instead of over a traditional phone line.
How does VoIP technology Work?
VoIP technology works by converting your voice into digital data and sending it through your internet connection. So instead of your voice passing through a traditional phone line, it passes through your router instead.
Why should you move your existing phone system to VoIP?
Earlier this year BT announced its intention to switch off the ISDN telephone networks by 2025. This means that sometime over the next 8 years ISDN customers will have to migrate over to some form of IP telephony in the next few years. A VoIP network is the best and only solution for this problem.
By moving over to VoIP now you will save yourself a lot of time and effort in the long run. Plus, all your competitors are already reaping the benefits that a VoIP phone system has to offer.
So what are the benefits of a VoIP phone system?
- Cost savings due to no line rental and cheaper calls.
- Easy set up – Just plug your VoIP phones into the Internet and you are up and running straight away.
- You can log into a VoIP network from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
- Integrate IT with your email clients and CRM.
- Lines can be added or removed easily giving you infinite flexibility.
- Auto attendant – Allows callers to interact with a menu to choose an appropriate extension. Your business will suddenly seem more professional and impressive. It’s like having an electronic receptionist!
- Keep the same phone number – We can port your number to your VoIP services, allowing you to get your calls routed to anywhere you have an Internet connection.
To find out more about how VoIP business telephone systems could help you save money and improve customer communication, contact us today on 0800 505 3350. Alternatively, visit our Office VoIP Phone Systems page where you can read all about our complete Hosted VoIP telephone solution that provides an extensive range of fixed and mobile telephony capabilities to suit your business.