Whenever we speak to customers who are looking to install a new telephone system for their business, we always advise that they firstly understand the key differences in the types of telephone systems available. Telecommunications has changed significantly over the past few years and it’s no longer the case that you simply call up BT and ask them to install whichever grey box they can provide at that time.
Nowadays there are so many more options available to businesses, from a mix of service providers and hardware manufacturers all of which will tell you theirs is the best solution for your business.
Here at Tech Advance we understand sometimes it can be difficult to cut through the sales jargon and find out exactly what will do the best job for you at the best price. This is why when our customers come to us, we don’t try to pitch a sale but focus our attention on trying to understand what will be the right solution for that customer.
We do this by taking into account the answers to the following questions:-
- What do you need your telephone system to do to be most efficient?
- How many telephone users will you have at your new site?
- Will you want to record your telephone calls?
- What is your budget?
- Do you want fixed desk or cordless telephones or a mix of both?
- Do you have any in house IT resource?
- Is there any pre-existing internal telephone cabling in your new site which you would like to use?
- Do you have any devices such as fax machines, lifts or machinery which requires analogue telephone connectivity?
- Would you prefer capex or opex outgoing?
- Would you like your telephone to work with your computer for dialling?
- What type of Internet connectivity is available at your new site?
- Are you planning to grow the number of users and if so at what rate?
- How many remote workers or remote sites would you like to support?
Once you have a basic understanding about what you need in relation to the above questions, it will become clear which type of system you are looking for.
Below is a list of the different types of systems you could consider for your reference and we would welcome the opportunity to work with you, to help you understand which fits best for you, why it fits best and how much it would cost.
Types of telephone systems available:
- Traditional analogue / digital telephone system.
- Hybrid VOIP / analogue / digital telephone system.
- BT Featurenet service.
- PC server based soft switch telephone system.
- Off-site hosted VOIP “managed” telephone system.
- Virtual telephone system using your mobile telephones
We hope the above information is useful to you, if you would like assistance in understanding your best options then please contact us for a quick chat on 0800 50 533 50, alternatively you can visit our Business Telephone Systems page where you will find lots of information to help you decide which telephone system is the right one for your business.